1. “The Best of Maramures in one day“: The Merry Cemetery, Peri Convent LP (the highest wooden church in the world), Sighetu Marmaţiei’s food market and Memorial of the Victims of the Communism, Bârsana Convent (the largest and most beautiful in Northern Transylvania), a wooden gates carving workshop, a medieval wooden church and a group of water powered mills (or, take a short tour around a traditional village, instead).
2. “Maramures’s Attractions” (2-7 days, the average length being 3 days). Beside the sights listed above, take a ride with the Vaser Valley steam train, visit UNESCO’s wooden churches, crafts or virgin forests, walk around Cosău and Iza Valley villages, see farmer markets, meet traditional craftsmen, hike up in Rodna or Gutâi mountains and others…
3. The All inclusive Walking Tour of Maramureș (5 days)
4. “Following Traditional Way of Life“: visit traditional farms where the locals are still working their land like long time ago, drying hay by hand, breeding cattle for their use, in a self-sufficient subsistence economy.
5. “On the UNESCO trail“: a number of 8 Maramures wooden churches out of 90 existing in the area, each having its own story, are inscribed on UNESCO World Heritage list. At many churches is hard to get in, because they are locked at all time. During an average day, you can visit 5 churches.
6. “Jewish Maramures Tour“: Elie Wiesel House, the active Sephardic Synagogue, the new Hasidic Synagogue (consacrated in 2021), the old and huge Jewish Cemetery, Holocaust Monument, Kahan Court and others (all in Sighet). Also, see the birthplace of the Seven Dwarfs of Auschwitz, Elefant House from Vișeu de Sus (displays about local Jews) or an abandoned countryside Synagogue.
7. Tailor-made Tour“ is the best way to understand the secrets of Northern Romania, mixing any of the tours mentioned above with isolated mountain hamlets without electricity or road access, meet a herbalist or a mystic, taste local cuisine, drink (and see how is made) a shot of local spirit – “horinca” and other things not mentioned above.
Please see Conditions and prices page, or get in touch by Email, WhatssApp or Facebook message, to talk about the fee and detailed itinerary for each tour.